Quick Fit Bracket - Triple Mount Kit, Foxwing Adaptors & Heavy Duty Attachment Points
PRODUCT CODE: QFK-07
The Quick Fit Bracket - Triple Mount Kit, Foxwing Adaptors and Heavy Duty Attachment Points is the complete kit to allow you to add and remove a foxing awning within seconds. The foxing adaptors have been designed to suit specifically Rhino Rack batwing, Darche 270 and Oz Tent Foxwing awnings, plus many other brands up to 23kgs - see item dimensions in photos for fit.
This kit also includes the Heavy Duty Attachment Points (x3) which are gusseted back to the first fixing point to eliminate any flex or vibration and also incorporate a handy tie down point built in to the bracket. PLEASE NOTE: we do not supply any hardware to fix the attachment points to your roof rack as there are so many roof rack variations.
This kit includes:
- 3 x Accessory Side Brackets
- 3 x Roof Rack Brackets
- 3 x Foxwing Adaptor plates
- 3 x Heavy Duty attachment points
- 1 x stainless steel locking pin and safety clip with lanyard
- 6 x M8 16mm bolts (zinc coated and high tensile)
- 9 x M8 20mm bolts (zinc coated and high tensile)
- 15 x M8 nylock nuts (zinc coated)
- 21 x M8 washers (zinc coated)
- 3 x 4mm spaces (for use with adaptor plates)
- 3 x M6 nylock nuts and washers (for use with adaptor plates)
All these parts are also sold separately e.g. add extra Roof Rack Brackets to allow you to mount awning to a wall at home when not in use.
Tools needed: 2 x 13mm spanners, tape measure
Begin by bolting the Roof Rack Brackets to the roof rack in any position, so long as it will spread the load of the awning as evenly as possible. Use 6 x M8 16mm bolts and 12 x washers for this step.
Using a tape measure, transfer measurements from the Roof Rack Brackets onto the back of your awning, bolting the Accessory Side Brackets to correspond with these measurements using 9 x M8 20mm bolts and 9 nuts and washers. In this process, the Foxwing Adaptors need to be sandwiched in between the Accessory Side Bracket and the awning, providing the width to bolt the awning to, as the Foxwing Adaptors are made from 4mm thick material and only go on one end of the accessory side bracket, this is also where the 4mm spacer is used to keep all brackets in alignment. This is easy to do measuring from one common point on both brackets. This needs to be done fairly accurately, and all Accessory Side Brackets need to be facing the same way for it to slide on.
Once all bolted together, check for fit and make sure that all Accessory Side Brackets bottom out on the Roof Rack Brackets as close to the same time as possible (some fine tuning may be required at this point). Once happy, re-tighten the Accessory Side Brackets and insert locking bar and safety pin in either the front, back or centre. Use the leftover 10.5mm holes for a padlock, if required.
Now installation is complete, you may take your awning on or off as you please in seconds.
NOTE: Fit may be quite tight when new.
* We highly recommend using three attachment points when using the Quick Fit System for foxing awnings.
* Padlock can be used to lock awning on car (padlock not supplied).
* Please be aware that this bracket is to be used off-road, at your own risk, and requires a strong point to attach to, to work effectively.